How to Start Homeschooling in Nevada

Are you interested in homeschooling and you don't know where to start?  No, you don't need to be a teacher or have a degree of any kind.  You don't need to be under an umbrella school either.  You will first need to file a Notice of Intent to Homeschool (NOI), with the Clark County School District (CCSD).  It is not your responsibility to provide the copy of the NOI to the school you are unenrolling your child from. This sounds scary but it's not and it's extremely easy.  In Nevada, you can unenroll your child from public school, send in your NOI, then you're on your way to freedom.  Know, that you aren't asking for permission to homeschool, you are letting them know that you will be homeschooling your child.  It is your right!  When you take the responsibility of homeschooling your child by sending in a NOI, you will be responsible for buying all learning supplies (books, computer...etc). Yes, it will cost money but you are now in control of your child's education.  You will pick what they learn, when will they learn it, and at their own individual pace.  Always remember that anything free, comes with a price.  So, getting free stuff from the school will only take freedom away. 

Below are two files with all of the forms, the NOI and the educational plan.  Fill out the NOI for each child and attach the educational plan.  Mail each child's forms separately.  You will receive a confirmation that they received it in a week or so.  Keep that confirmation and make copies.  Carry one with you, for each child, incase anyone of authority asks.  (I've never had that happen in 14 years of homeschooling) If you have any questions, please feel free to fill out our contact form.

If you have questions about NV homeschool laws see this website.


It is required by NV State Law that a Notice of Intent to Homeschool (NOI) form and an educational plan are filed with the Clark County School District (CCSD).

(Please complete a separate Notice of Intent Form for each child. The form is required for children from ages 7 to 18 only. This is a one-time filing and does not need to be refiled unless the name or address of the parent or child changes, or the child is reentering homeschooling after being enrolled in public school.*)

Homeschool Office

4204 Channel 10 Drive

Building “B”

Las Vegas, NV 89119

It is also acceptable to NOT include building "B", it will still be delivered to the correct building.


What Next?

Your next steps are:


Find a like minded homeschool group. Whether it is Training Up Arrows or another of many here in Las Vegas. Homeschool groups offer lots of support for moms and friends for your children.  They offer fun events and sometimes classes too. 

Find curriculum that is the best fit for your family. This can be a difficult task. I recommend that you go to homeschool events and ask for other mom's opinions.  There's many many curriculums out there and it can be very confusing and overwhelming.

This a good resource for reviewed curriculum. Cathy Duffy


Some curriculum to consider are:

My Father's World

Teaching Textbooks


Spelling Power



Growing with Grammar

Fix It Grammar

Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons